11/12/08

Armory Arts Village

What a fun place. If you haven't been there yet, it is worth the trip to Jackson to see the Armory Arts Village.

I was heading home from a job and saw the sign and decided to stop. I had heard about this art community but was not able to find it.

There is a huge gallery and I was able to see the Aids Quilt while I was there. Next to the armory is another old building that has been renovated into artists galleries and studios. You can walk through and watch artists at work or purchase artwork from any of the galleries inside.

You can see the exhibit, take classes, and just mingle with other artists!

The village opened on May 1, 2008 and has hours (according to their postcard) of: Tues - Sat 10a-5p and Sun 12-4pm. Their web site is www.armoryartsvillage.com and phone is 517 998-3400.

If you get a chance to get, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment