9/8/10

Where in the world is Dlilah?

1st day in London. What a treat. My first impression was how it reminded me of New York.

Today Delilah can be seen sitting in a broken out window pane of a red telephone booth on a London street. She is my travelling companion and will lead the way for this blog while I am in Europe.

First, the photos of the clouds, which I will post when I have a computer I can use with better editing abilities. Our trip began in Detroit with a layover in Philadelphia before leaving for London about 10pm Tuesday night. There was a storm over Cleveland that allowed for some wonderful photo opportunities. My son, Matthew thought we might be able to get a free international flight when he saw the “Volunteers Wanted” sign. Darn it when he found out they were only looking for one volunteer to give up their seat for a free flight and they already found that volunteer before we arrived. Our United Airways flight left about a half hour late as they tried to fix the tv’s… no luck… and they served us miniature pieces of chicken, on miniature trays, with miniature salads about an hour into our trip. Six hours later we woke up to a miniature Danish in plastic wrapping before we headed off to customs, which was uneventful, thank you very much.

Love the streets of London.  Cars are small.  People drive on the opposite side of the road.  Tipping is different here than in the States.

Later in the evening we were able to walk through a London side street.  There were many row houses that had a lot of character.  But, they had fake stained glass.  Couldn't believe it.  I'll take pictures later.

Went to St. Mary le Bow Church and information about it is on my Churches and Chapels web site.  The link is below.

I'm tired and heading to bed.  It's after midnight here and after 7pm in Michigan.  On our list for tomorrow is Shakespears Globe Theatre, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and not sure what else.

Pat Deere

Links: Churches and Chapels Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment