1/29/11

The Willow

Super excited about this project.   I am waiting for final approval (cash down payment), so the recipient of this donor wall will remain unnamed until then but take a look.

I came up with a this idea a few years back for an organization that chose another way of honoring their donors.  Their mistake, in my humble opinion.  Most donor walls I see are very similar... brass plaques, in rows according to the size of their donation, on a wooden background - or something similar.

Because this piece is going in a theater I thought it should be more dramatic and resemble what goes on there.  The body of this willow tree is dancing in the wind, the branches are her arms, and the legs are her trunk.  The greenery will be pieces approximately 4-6" wide by 10-13" tall, with individual pieces of colored glass adhered to them.  The background for the glass will be wood.  Each 12" piece will be screwed onto the background so they can be easily changed out as donors increase their total donations.

The colors will be very dramatic as well.  I will be using gold, silver, and black paint for the donors names, which will add to the variety of color.  Because there is another large stained glass installation in this building, I will be taking colors from it and incorporating it into the willow.  I'm starting on it Monday!

How can you get one?  If you are part of an arts organization, or non-profit that is looking for a way to honor their donors... give me a call.  I would love to come up with something exciting for you as well.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment