3/23/11

I don't count the money till it's in the bank and cleared!

Sometimes even a sure thing doesn't pan out.

I have been working with a church in Massachusetts.  One of the committee members called me and was very excited.  She came from a church where 4 churches were combining into one and they were trying to make the building they would be celebrating out of, reflect all of the church members.  She gave me the dimensions, the budget, the fact that all of the members on the committee chose my design - actually, the design of Pamela Shapiro fabricated by my studio.  They were sure this was a go ahead.

How it came to be that they called me in the first place was this:  The committee had been deliberating for a long period of time over what to use for stained glass.  They could not come upon a decision.  So the pastor told all of the member to go out and find some stained glass that they like and bring it back to the next meeting where they would vote.  Pamela's design was voted on by every member on the committee.  They thought it was a done deal.

Because the church wanted to be sure all of the members were on board, especially because they were trying to bring the members of 4 churches together, they felt the need to offer them a vote which included another design.  I was told, they did not expect the other design to be chosen. 

But, this sometimes happens.  What is the reason for it?  I am not sure yet.  But I have learned to be excited about new projects, but not overexcited until I have the check cashed and the money in the bank.  Something else will come along, I am sure of it.

If your church is looking for inspirational glass work, you know where to call!

Pat Deere

LINK:  Custom designed stained glass for churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment