5/10/11

Crushed Glass: Mt. LeConte from Clingmans Dome

 
I love the "before firing" pictures of my crushed glass panels.  This one is going to be pretty heavy.  I used a new mold and it will end up being quite a bit thicker than some of the others but I think I am going to like it.

Kayleen, a friend of mine climbed up Mt. LeConte in Tenessee and this is the view from the top.  Most of what I create comes from places I have been, but this is one created from a picture of someplace I would like to go. 

And, because the picture was taken from a mobile upload, I am sure the color is nowhere near what she actually saw during her climb.   Can you sense a little jealousy here?

To backtrack a little bit, I have been invited to participate in a gallery exhibit at Legacy Fine Art in Hot Springs, Arkansas.  In order to do that I have to have 13 pieces of art ready and shipped by May 22nd.  That doesn't give me much time.  I have quite a few already done, but have to have a new piece in my kiln daily to reach my goal. 

Tomorrow, I hope to post a picture of this window successfully fired in the kiln!  And, I will have glass crushed and ready to create another panel using this photo taken while kayaking in Tecumseh for the last time last fall.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment