5/12/11

Trillium Are Not Endangered In My Woods


Just a few photos that are my inspiration for the next crushed glass panel.  On Mothers Day in our woods the Trillium look like a carpet of white in some areas.  I like to walk the woods then because the flowers are so abundant and the bugs are not.  Give it another week and you have to wear bug spray or run faster than them... which takes away from the joy of walking in the woods.  This was like a gift to us when we first moved to this property 22 years ago.  I would walk the woods daily at that time and was surprised to find these wonderful little flowers everywhere on Mothers Day.

I am planning a 4 panel set for this next crushed glass project.  They will be intended to be sold separately or as a set of 2, 3, or 4 panels.  The goal is to fire them just enough to keep it together and let the texture show.  Off to work now...

Pat Deere







2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing nice post. I am very happy to read the article. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    patio design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It's been a while since I looked at my blog. Thanks for the nice comments and for taking the time to respond!

    ReplyDelete