6/15/11

Hispanic American #3

Moving right along on my Civil Rights Windows.  This is the middle panel for the Hispanic American Window to be installed in the bus depot in Flint, MI.  This section is about 21.5"x55" and has been constructed using 1/4" lead came from Streuter Technologies that is preglazed with an adhesive product.  Using this lead eliminates the step of cementing and this is the first large scale project I have used this lead on.  Because the budget was so tight on this project, I have been exploring all avenues I can to create a quality window at the lowest possible cost.  Glass I used included that from Uroboros, Bullseye, Spectrum and Kokomo.

Tayleen, my student from Siena Heights University in Adrian painted the the glass where needed.  For the most part, I cut and constructed the panel myself.

This photo was taken with the glass against a glass easel against a wall so there is no sunlight from behind. I don't have any pictures with natural light coming through but it looks great.  Can't wait to get the other 4 panels done so it can be delivered.

Most importantly, the design was created by Greg Perez and altared where needed to fit a stained glass design.  A great window begins with a great design and beautiful glass.  Thanks Greg for a great beginning!

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment