6/20/11

Trillium In Crushed Glass

This posting is a little late, but I wanted to post the pictures of my trillium panel since I posted all of the photos I used as inspiration. 

Like the other crushed glass pieces, this was very fun to create.  I am planning on using this theme for the room in my house that faces the south.  I am actually making pieces that will go on the corner pieces for the window framing in that room and will follow that up with a transom or hanging panel that will go in the large window.

The top photo shows a close up of the panel prior to being installed into a beveled glass framework.  I like this picture because it shows all of the detail in a very clear way.

The next one shows the glass from a horizontal view and reminds me of rock candy.

And finally, you can see how it looks when the hanging is completed.  I used a series of 1" and 1.5" bevels to surround it and finished it in copper channel surrounded by rebar to keep it from warping over time and giving it a something sturdy to hang by.
This is one of the panels I created for a show in Little Rock Arkansas for the months of June and July.  More of my crushed glass panels can be viewed on my web site!

Pat Deere 

Links:    Crushed Glass Panels

No comments:

Post a Comment