11/19/13

I got a little excited opening a box of Hot Head Torches

Getting ready for classes this week-end got a little nerve racking when the power went out... and we were told it may come back on by 11pm Saturday.

Say it ain't so!  Class begins at 9am Saturday morning.  I warned my students that class could go on, but we might not have bathroom facilities.  Not a pretty option but they seemed to be willing.

Then the box of supplies came and and several of these shiny new Hot Head torches were inside along with other supplies needed.  And, when I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, I looked outside and what did I see:

It might not look like much to you but seeing my neighbors yard light on in the distance let me know our power was back on.  All is well in the land of glass... at least in the land of glass PLDeere Style!

Looking forward to what the students will bring to the table this Saturday and Sunday.  There are still a few slots open if you haven't already signed up.

I have also been considering doing my classes via the web for those who can't come in person.  Would there be any interest in that?  Google+ has a nice option that could make it happen.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment