12/21/09

Sunrise

This has to be one of my favorite little pieces I have done for a while. This started out as a demonstration piece for a show I was doing. I eventually made two and sold them as a set... more are on their way.

To make them I take the end pieces of glass that have beautiful, natural, wavy edges. The wavy edges leave air space in between the pieces of glass. They are cut to the same width and soldered to a beveled border.

The sun is made with a molded pieces of glass. This particular one has kind of a stony texture. As pretty as it looks here, you should see it in person with sunlight pouring through it.

I plan to have some of these ready to put onto my web site for immediate sale, take to my upcoming show in February at the Rock Financial Showplace, and can custom make them to any size to fit any window - almost. I am limited to the width of the pieces of glass I have.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment