12/19/09

Under The Sea is on its way!


Probably one of the most special pieces of glass I have worked on in a long time is this one here. It was brought to me by a customer who had it finished for his daughter. His daughters mother started the piece before she died and it was brought to me with the drawing already done, some of the pieces cut, some of the glass supplied, and a lot of puzzling together.

The photos show it completed in its frame, and with me standing beside it so you can get an idea of the size of the panel.

Originally, the background glass was to be the more opaque teal glass. There was not enough of it so I incorporated two other glasses similar in color but different in texture. I think it really brings the background to life.

Although nothing will bring back her mom, this is a piece of glass she will always be able to treasure. She can remember her mom for starting the piece for her, and her dad for the hoops he had to go through to get it finished, transported, and installed into her bedroom.

Thank you Adrian for allowing me to be a part of this process. I truly hope your daughter is able to appreciate what you have gone through to make this happen. Merry Christmas to you!

Pat Deere

Note: This is one of the reasons I love working in glass. Over the years, I have created many family heirlooms that families can enjoy and pass on to other family members as time passes. I will be posting more of them in the future. If you would like to create a family heirloom for your family, give me a call.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, I can't begin to tell you how greatful I am you were able to take on such a complex piece,with such grace and finesse it gives the intent that Lori wanted with all the vibrant colors. I think she would have been very impressed. I know I am...Adrian Towns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,

    I am one of Lori Towns sisters and I just wanted to thank you for completeing this undertaking and making a lot of people very happy.
    The end result is awesome and I am sure Lori would be very pleased, as I know Adrian and the girls are. Thank you for brining a piece of Lori back to us.
    Sincerely, Kathy Mora

    ReplyDelete