10/20/10

Art Bra Auction in Tecumseh - Bid on a bra for breast cancer research.

What a fun project.  When my friend, Elizabeth Engle asked me if I wanted to work on an art bra with her using ceramic and glass, I said "sure!"  I have been wanting to use that combination of materials for a while and never had the chance.

While I was on vacation, Elizabeth got a mold from my studio.  She created the pieces, brought them back for me to fire in the kiln, and I used this one as my donated piece.  The top section was created by painting fusers glue mixed with glass frit with a design carved into it prior to firing.  The nipples fell off during the firing process, so they also were covered in frit, fired, then glued back on after the mosaic work was completed.  The strap is copper wire and the bottom is decorated with beadwork.

This is the third bra I have created for this event over the years and it is a lot of fun to be a part of.  Some of the bras are a little quirky, like this one, but the cause is serious.  If you are in the area and have the opportunity to go, I have the information listed below.  Advance tickets are required - I believe they have sold out in the past so call ahead to be sure.

You can find information on facebook:  Tecumseh Art Bra Auction

Contact Info: The Purple Pear Tree, 109 W. Logan St., Tecumseh, MI, 49286, Phone: 517-424-6003

Hope to see you there!

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment