10/27/10

Deere Transom

It's been a long time coming and this is only a temporary installation, but... here is the transom that goes with the sidelights for our home.  The sidelights are still on the work table, and this window still has to be backlit and trimmed out.  I just had to see how it looks though.  Can't wait till tomorrow when I can see what it looks like with the sun shining on it.  This photo was taken in the afternoon when the sun was already on the other side of the house so the colors are appearing a little dark.

My computerized drawing is posted on 8/29/10 of this blog.  I wanted to temporarily install it because I was undecided on the color of the patina (for the solder).  I finished it in copper but was considering using black lead lines instead.  Once I got it installed and looked at it from the porch and street, I decided to leave it finished in copper.

GREAT NEWS:  My supplier has just given us a new option when ordering sheets of glass that customers want shipped large.   Normally, I have to order and have it shipped by truck. Now, I can have 4 large pieces of glass shipped in a box, cut to as large as 24"x24", and avoid truck charges.  Call today to find out more about this option!

Pat Deere

LINKS:  Classes are starting.  If you are interested, check out my web site or give me a call.  517 431-2271.

No comments:

Post a Comment