1/12/12

Sure feels good to be painting again!

With all of the demands on my life, it felt like my creative side had been put on hold for a while.  This is a small medallion that will be inserted into a leaded glass window for St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Tecumseh, MI. They were the unfortunate recipients of vandalism a while back.

At this point I have already painted and fired my line drawing, the shading, and am beginning to apply the enamels.

Once these are fired and the glass is cooled, I will be applying two different silver stains.

The photo of the finished leaded panel is one taken from a window in the same room the broken window came from.  The only thing left to go on for a design for the broken panel was the border and  couple broken shards of the blue border.

So, the design for the inner panel was created based on design ideas from Richard Boulter, Deacon, and photos of similar windows to the best of his memory.

The last photo, a computerized drawing of the design, is what I will use to fabricate the leaded panel. 



Pat Deere 

LINKS: 
St. Peters Episcopal Church, Tecumseh
Stained Glass Repair/Restoration, Pictures In Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment