1/11/12

You Are Here Toledo Project

When I was notified via FB of the "You Are Here Toledo Project", it kind of intrigued me.  They were looking for "Dot" artworks.

It's been a while since I have done any ART for Arts Sake and it felt good to think about it for a bit.

In fact, I didn't realize how long it had been since I updated my blog.  Other things kind of got in the way.

Back to Facebook.  The link I was sent:
www.youareheretoledo.com .  They are looking for 100 dots that will be made into "dot stickers" and placed all around the city.

So what I have here, are 3 pieces taken from my crushed glass artworks, made into a "dot", that were submitted for participation in the project.

The nice thing is, the artwork is already done.  I just had to manipulate it a bit.

I understand that if chosen, we will create a piece of art that will fit into the location it will be placed.  The photograph of the art is what will actually be used for the dot sticker.

Kind of a fun concept.

I hope a lot of other people participate.  If you do, let me know!

What else have I been involved in you might ask...
~Finished my project in Flint, and I will post pictures.
~Ramping up my involvement with my business:  SendOutCards.com/PLDeere
~Recently went to Utah for a SOC convention, and ski vacation with my 3 boys... Yeah!

And now, it's back to work.  It feels VERY good!

Pat Deere

LINKS:  

SendOutCards Where you create greeting cards online, we print, stamp, stuff, label, mail, and track them for you.  Check it out and send a card for FREE!

Pictures In Glass  My crushed glass page!

No comments:

Post a Comment