12/3/13

Ornaments are ready to claim! The addiction has begun.

Ornaments from my previous Elementary Glass Blown Ornament class are pictured below.  Most of the students wanted to get together for another big blow!  This time we will be using ornaments that are 1.5mm thick, and 40mm in diameter which will give them an opportunity to be a little more creative and have ornaments that are not quite as susceptible to breakage.  Although, in a beginning class, we spend a lot of time getting used to the feel of the glass.  How long does it take to heat and cool?  How strong should my breath be?  Am I continuously spinning my glass as I heat and blow the ornament?  How much frit or stringer is in the bulb and how does that effect the ornament?
























Students should take a look at what ornaments are theirs and let me know.  I would also be interested in the best date to get together for another "blow off" week-end.  We talked about buying a box of 100 ornaments and splitting them, students purchasing a bottle of MAPP glass, and continuing to feed our addiction!

If you weren't in on the first class, let me know if you would like to join the next group!

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment