6/25/10

Art For Arts Sake

Day 156 Growth Idea:  Sometimes it is fun just to make art for arts sake and not for any other reason. Not for money. Not for somebody else's expectations. Not for obligations. It is good for the soul.

Day 155 Donations:

Donations Running Total: $228.207

My History: Kind of a funny story that could have turned out not-so-good, but it didn't.  During the process of renovating my new studio my boys often came with me.  Once in a while they would bring somebody else.  On one of the days their cousin Blake came with them they discovered a way to cross over the staircase onto the second floor.  Blake was crossing and didn't quite make it.  He fell from the 2nd floor ceiling onto the 1st floor floor - on his butt.  After looking stunned for a bit and realizing he wasn't hurt, he just started laughing.  We closed off that section real quick!

Today's Business: A real productive day.  Finished my Devils Lake Underwater crushed glass piece. My camera is still in for repair so I will have to post pictures later.  My 4.5'x14' pattern is ready for cutting my next Flint MTA window - Immigration.  And... I visted the new LCVA Art Gallery at the Croswell Opera House for the first time since they merged.  What a great space and great show today.  If you haven't visited it yet, you have to check it out.  The link is below.

Today's Photo Above:  Making art for arts sake reminds me of the fun little project shown in the picture.  The LCVA used to have a "Box Show" where artists would make "box-like" artwork and bring it to the gallery to be auctioned off.  My box was created by saw cutting various bottles and arranging them into a design.  I called this, "Patron of the Arts", and it was intended to be a pencil holder.  The red glass rod is a pencil made from lampworked glass rods.  I kind of liked this piece.

Today's Product:

On my web site I have a whole section devoted to "Garage Sale" type items.  This is a Kaleidoscope kit that normally ran $13.90.  It went through my shop fire so the packaging is old looking.  But, the kit inside is new.  It sells on my site for $5.00 now.  You might want to check out the bargains.  The link is below.



Pat Deere

LINKS:
~Croswell Opera House/LCVA Gallery
~Pictures In Glass "Garage Sale"

No comments:

Post a Comment