6/27/10

Cabitzing with other artists can be an invaluable way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Day 158 Growth Idea: Cabitzing with others artists can be an invaluable way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Day 157 Donations:

Donations Running Total: $228.207

My History:   Part of the difficulty of my new building was it's age and trying to meet the requirements of the American Disabilities Association without going broke in the process.  I had 2.5 floors.  The top floors had not been used in years.  Because I was using the building for the same use, retail, that the previous owner had used... I had some things grandfathered in.  I did have to be sure the bathroom was handicap accessible, the doors and hallways were wide enough, the rams were not to steep, etc.  The first floor I could handle.  But the regulations made the 2nd and 3rd floor too much for me at the time.

Today's Business:  It's Sunday... so I can't call it business.   But I did get the opportunity to visit with a group of wonderful women, artists, and now friends.  Seeing what inspires other people is a real inpiration to me.  Tonight... catching up on paperwork.  Tomorrow... moving right ahead with cutting glass for my Immigration window, designed by Pamela Shapiro and fabricated in my studio.

Today's Photo Above: I posted this picture again because it was a combined effort with artist, Pamela Shapiro.  Although we did not know each other at the time the project began, she became a wonderful friend and artist I have worked with on other projects since.  I find collaborating with other artists something I really enjoy.  I think that successful combined effort really shows here.

Today's Product: 
In The Arms Of God came about while I was studying the Holy Spirit and how it moves in my life. It often comes very quietly and if I don't pay attention, I will miss it. It comes during prayer, when I'm in the car, when I'm by myself, when I can hear the silence...

Pat Deere

LINKS:
~In The Arms Of God can be found on my web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment