6/4/10

Day 132: SCORE Online

Day 132:   Growth Idea:  Review your business insurance coverage and make updates where necessary.  This advice came from the online SCORE link I have listed below.  I believe every business should be more prepared for disaster than I was with my studio fire 10 years ago.  I found a link for them Online.

Day 131 Donations: Donated sandblasted wine glass to the Lions Club of Clinton... they do good work.  Check out their site.
Donations Running Total: $189.6622

My History:   So, at this point in the new studio renovation I am almost done.  I have got my carpet pulled up, my walls painted, my wood floors for my work are refinished, and carpet in the front.  I chose carpet squares and they looked great.  Using 3 different patterns and colors allowed for a very custom design that could be easily fixed if one got damaged, for a fraction of the cost of traditional carpet.  I put the carpet down myself, which also saved on labor.

Today's Business: I will be doing a lot of getting ready for my show in Toledo this week-end.  Brandi has been fusing glass for money clips, zipper pulls, and necklaces so we will have some lower end items to sell.  I have been making some nightlight, jewelry holders and will be finishing them up today.  We have some last minute work to do on the Women's windows so they will be ready for delivery next week.  And, hopefully my Spectrum 96 glass will be delivered today so I can finish crushing the glass I need for a commissioned piece. OK... I typed this a couple of days ago.  Today I am actually loading up for The Old West End Festival set-up this afternoon.

Today's Photo:   
New Nightlights - These are kind of cool and much better than the picture shows.  They are about 8" and 2.5" deep, lit with a night light, have a space for rings/keys/and such in the top mirrored lip, and many are painted with quotes and designs.  Some have beautiful glass that speaks for itself.  I'll have these in Toledo and on my web site later.

Today's Product:  Mission Style Stained Glass Panel. This link will take you to my web site page where you will find more info about this window.


Pat Deere

LINKS:
~SCORE - Counselors To America's Small Business
~Saturday and Sunday I will be at Toledo's Old West End Festival by the Glass Museum at Toledo's Museum of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment