4/18/13

A Violin From Childhood

Another fun project!
 
 
When I was asked to take the violin of my customer and mosaic it for her - it was a little intimidating.  She did let me know it would not be ever played again because of the shape it was in.  This was her daughters when she was very young.
 
So, I came back to the studio and started pulling out colors and playing with designs.
 
The sides, that I just realized I didn't photograph, were all dichroic strips which helped to pull the orange from the front and back together.  The rest were an arrangement of colors she liked.
 
Yesterday I was able to deliver it to a very happy customer.  What do you do with items laying around the house that you can no longer use, but just can't throw away?

Keep in mind - during my sale on May 2, 3, and 4th I will be giving away another bunch of glass for mosaics.  If you want any, you probably need to grab it right away, bring boxes, and it goes fast!

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment