4/22/13

If you are going to have lamp shades, you have to have bases... and cherubs!

Some of these bases I am having a hard time parting with.  You know how artists can be.  Sometimes we see those things we "Have To Have", only to have them sit around forever because we still have good intentions to use them.

I even had some blown glass roses made for the bases in the front.  I guess if they don't sell they were meant for me to keep and make shades for.  Otherwise, adios and I'll free up my shelves for things I really need.

This was a funny piece.  It started because I had a beautiful oak frame and needed something to put in it.  I love using mirror cityscapes and that is what you see at the bottom.  Can't remember where the rest of the design came from but it was important at the time!!!  This has a few character flaws I didn't like but a lot of people love it.  Maybe you will too!

That's it for now.  More as I keep sorting.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment