1/14/14

Another "Art Bra" from a previous event...

I don't remember what year I made this one but it was fun.

I think I like it because it could be hung but doesn't necessarily look like a bra, unless you are at an event and know it is supposed to resemble one.

This was made with two melted glass baby food jars.  The red flower was given to me by a friend.  Sorry, I don't remember who it was but people are often giving me glass objects.

I love the little wings under the rose because I bought them from a man who would recycle old car parts.  He had all kinds of molds that he would make little objects with.  That was YEARS ago.  I still have quite a few of them.  They don't solder in easily and have to be wrapped in foil to make them work but I love them.

And the crystal at the top was intended to be hung.  Over time, the top broke and there was no longer a hole to hang it with.  So, with a bunch of misfit pieces, one of my favorite art bras was born.

This is what I meant when I said the Art Bra Class I will hold for the next 3 Thursdays would be kind of a free for all.  Whatever I have in my studio, mostly whatever, would be open for use by students.  And, almost everything would be included in the class.  Of course, I have to have some exceptions.

Thursday, 6pm-9pm, or whatever time you have.  Would be great to get something going!

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment