1/13/14

Art Bra Class - Let's Get Started This Week

Glass stringer is like using colored pieces of glass spaghetti.  Usually it is fused into glass that has the same COE (coefficiency of expansion), but maybe you will come up with another idea for it's use.

I decided we will do this class on Thursday evenings.  If anybody is available this week, let's get started.  If you want to come next week, that's ok too.  But, we will have the last class January 30 because the art bras have to be submitted by February 3rd.

I am excited about this class because I will open up lots of stuff in my studio for your use.  You know we collect lots of things as artists and keep them forever.  I've got metal scraps, old canvases, pastel paints, acrylic paints, mosaic glass pieces... and on and on and on.

My studio will be open on Thursdays from 6pm-9pm.  The class will be $35 for 3 hours, or $30 if you can only make it for 2 hours.  Most materials/kiln time will be included unless you would like to do something more than what I intend.  Details will be talked about in class, or call me ahead of time.  Kids are welcome if they come with you for $10 more per class.

Each day I will show different techniques.  No particular schedule - just whatever seems to be of interest to those in class.  Maybe I'll bring out the torch and create some beads.  Maybe I will solder,  Maybe we will cover mosaic techniques.

Bring your ideas and your questions and that is what will drive this class.  I can't wait.  Let's see what we can come up with.  In fact, this could be a group art bra, or you can make your own.  What are you waiting for, let's get started!

Pat Deere 
Links:  Art Bra Auction Info

No comments:

Post a Comment