7/5/09

Alden B. Dow


I have been asked to bid on a job that incorporates the philosophies of Alden B Dow. I have to admit I did not know much about him until this project fell in my lap.

In researching him, I have been very intrigued by "the man", his views on life, art, and humanity in general. I love the Way of Life Cycle that is referenced so much. Click on any link that refers to him and you will find the Way of Life Cycle. It is definitely worth the time it takes to read through each area and think about how it pertains to your life, work, art, etc. I enjoy hearing about people who are not only good artists, but good people as well. Reading through the materials needed for this project, it is obvious how much he cared about the betterment of all people and strove to provide that through his work and life.

Can't wait to move forward with this project. I am planning on putting in a bid with a friend of mine who blows glass, Lorenzo Cristaudo. His work is wonderful and I enjoy him as a person. Check out his web site as well. We will be taking art lessons, along with my son and another student starting this week from Bud (Virtus) Gale. Can't wait!

Links:
Lorenzo Cristaudo www.glassartists.org/Gal8689_The_Glass_Infinity_Lorenzo_Cristaudo.asp
Alden B Dow: www.abdow.org

Enjoy this bright, sunny day. At least that is what is happening in Michigan. Heading out now for a bike ride through the Irish Hills!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Pat - I have never heard of Alden B. Dow and checked it out... very cool. Also love Lorenzo's work too. Good luck with your bid... I hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete