7/3/09

Vesna Savic - MadMax MetalWorks

Yesterday in Chelsea, Mi they had a really nice community event with free music throughout the city. I heard a large variety of music including three boys playing the drums on 5 gallon buckets - and they were really good! Chelsea will continue to do this on Thursday evenings throughout the summer.
While there, I visited a couple of art galleries. One of them was the Chelsea Gallery - their link is below. Walking into the gallery was an experience ... people wandering around looking at the variety of artwork, stopping by for a cup of coffe or tea at the coffee bar, or talking to the artist in residence.

Yesterdays featured artist was Vesna Savic. What a treat to sit and talk with her a while. I have been wanting to hone my skils with my welder and torch. She took a lot of time to point me in the right direction and recommended Washtenaw Community College as the place to go locally. I'm already making plans to sign up for a fall class.
Vesna's work shows the energy and excitement that she exhibits when you talk to her. It is easy to gell she is passionate about her work. They way she talks about the metals and what they do will pull you into a very interesting conversation and while observing the many pieces she has in the gallery. A link to Vesna's web site is below as well.

Chelsea is definitely the place to be on Thursday evenings this summer. Any great galleries you would like to share with me?

Links:
Chelsea Gallery: www.chelsea-gallery.com
Vesna Savic: www.MadMaxMetalWorks.com

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment