7/10/09

Changes of light...


Don't know if it shows up here the way I thought but you can see some of the difference.

It never stops amazing me how glass can change so dramatically with changes in lighting. This is a small panel I am delivering today. It is the last piece in a set of 4 that I will be installing into this customers home. This one will hang over their kitchen sink.

There are some really intense turquoise colors in this glass that show up well with or without the light. Then there are areas that lose the turquoise with bright light behind it. The amber shows up well without light and gets hidden when the light becomes more intense. I like to post pictures like this to help people understand when they are ordering custom glass that it is important to pay attention to the play of light throughout the day.

Usually, the more translucent a glass is, the more important it is for it to be back lit. The colors will be much more intense with light and often gets lost without it. Glass similar to what is shown here will have a lot of color with or without light, but it definitely changes with the lighting.

ps: Went to Chelsea, MI again yesterday with a friend. It was a great day to listen to free music in the street, we stopped at Zou Zou's for a bite to eat, and then visited the local shops and galleries. The Chelsea Gallery has an Artist in Residence each Thursday from 6:30-8:30. One of my personal favorites, Chris Blank, will be there September 3rd. The acrylics have such intense color and movement it makes me feel like I want to swim in it. Ok - that might sound a little weird but they really do affect me. Check it out when you can.

Links: http://chelsea-gallery.com/blog/

I think it's going to be sunny and 80 here today. A great day to work on glass, swim in the pool, work on glass, swim in the pool...

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment