9/12/09

Portraits In Michigan - Hillsdale College

I'm heading out to Hillsdale College today to see the exhibit, Portraits In Michigan. I am so excited because my current portrait instructor, Bud Gale, is included in the show. It runs September 12-October 3 at the Sage Center for the Arts in the Daughtrey Gallery.

The flier here was revised a little - the portrait in the upper right corner is Buds, showing one of the portraits he has included in the show.

I have learned so much from him in a short period of time. Hope some of you will have time to make it to the opening reception today from 2-5pm or stop by any time through October 3.

I am anxious to start a portrait of my sons girlfriend, Meaghan, using the crushed glass technique I have been experimenting with and Bud's technique he calls the "extended squint method". I'll keep you posted.


Link: Hillsdale College http://www.hillsdaleart.org/

Pat Deere

1 comment:

  1. The extended squint method sounds like something that helps when interpretting pointelism. (I might have just spelled that wrong?) Its one of my favorite kinds of art!

    ReplyDelete