9/30/09

Working With Glass and Steel

Hmmmmm. I planned on posting some photos and when I searched "working with steel and glass art" I kept coming up with the same artist, Christopher Wilmarth. Pages and pages of links to his site would show up. He has beautiful work, but it is not at all what I have going on in my head.

My current enrollment in a welding class has me so excited. Right now, I have not created anything all that exciting, but I have been able to successfully cut through 1/4" steel without a lot of slag and leaving nice clean lines. I have successfully welded many different kinds of welding joints with my acetylene torch. I know I have to get through the process of knowing how to use my equipment, then I can really move forward with new ideas.

I find that glass is never boring because there are so many different aspects to it. I can fuse, slump, cut, glue, solder, paint, twist it and so on. Knowing how to properly weld just opens up that many more doors for me.

Know of any artists you would like to share who work with glass and steel?

Pat Deere


Link: Christopher Wilmarth

No comments:

Post a Comment