7/25/08

More Mosaics

Mosaics seem to be of interest to people lately. This is a fun mosaic tray I recently finished. It began with a pre-existing tray that had a fun collection of buttons underneath. I added stacks of marbles, a melted glass bottle, fused glass for the flower, a melted wine bottle of my moms that had a chip in it, and an assortment of other glass to make it a fun serving tray. Over the top of all of it, I put a clear piece of glass to make a nice smooth place to hold items. I do have this tray displayed at the Lenawee County Fair if you stop by.

During the fair, I have been talking to a lot of people. One woman made a unique marble mosaic using a marble collection from a friend. It sounds like he collected these marbles since he was a boy... a collection that spans 80 +/- years. I asked her to send the mosaic in that she made using these marbles so I can post it on this blog.


If anybody has a unique glass piece you made that you would like to share to inspire others, please send a photo and description of the piece to me so we can post it. People really like to see what can be done with every day objects.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment