7/22/08

Tara - The Retired Model

This is Tara. When my husband brought home this mannequin - minus one arm and a head, he told me he was going to use it for target practice. I objected and told him I had a much better use for it.

This is the beginning stage of what she looks like. She is being mosaic'd... small glass pieces glued to the entire piece. Once done, she will be grouted. I am using clear silicon adhesive for this project.

If all works out as planned, she will be given to the Art Bra Auction in Tecumseh to be sold to the highest bidder. The money made from that auction goes to breast cancer research.

The design: I have taken Tara to several different locations and many people have worked on her. Right now, I have her at the Lenawee County Fair (until this Saturday) where I am working on her as well as anybody wanting to put in a little time. The colorful piece on her right cheek was added by a girl who was at the Blissfield Festival. That has now turned into a design on her pants pocket. The pink ribbon... the symbol for breast cancer. The eagle - just seemed like it should go there. She also has many parts of her front finished. I'll add pictures as we move along.

So, if your visiting any of the fairs I am at, stop by my booth and help me finish Tara. It will be fun for you and go to a good cause. A list of the fairs I'll be attending are shown below under the Lenawee County Fair title.

CLASS NOTES: Mosaic classes are offered through my studio. The fun thing about them is you can use so many different things besides just glass. Add stones, pottery, broken dishes. The shedule is flexible and only limited by your imagination.

CUSTOM MOSAICS: If you browse through my web site you will see some pretty extravagant mosaics I have done in the past. They make wonderful backsplashes behind a stove. If you do not have the creative itch to make your own mosaic, or don't have the time, I would love to provide a quote for you to make a backsplash that will make your kitchen a showpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment