7/26/08

Women's Rights - Flint Bus Depot


I am in the process of designing a stained glass window, about 4'x16' for the bus depot in Flint, Michigan. The subject assigned to me is women's rights. The committee has given me a list of several key events and people they would like me to include in the window. Through many of the organizations I belong to, I have met many strong women who have made significant differences in peoples lives that may not necessarily be written about in history books. If you have an idea, or a story to tell about a woman you know of who has made a difference to continue the efforts of some of these early historians, I would love to hear about it. Even if the individual person cannot be included in the design, perhaps the ideas they embody can.

For more information regarding the Greater Flint Arts Council, go to http://www.greaterflintartscouncil.org/ . They are the organization I have been working through on this project. They have a lot of wonderful art opportunities, galleries, art walks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment