2/21/09

Back in the swing!

Ok - I'll admit this doesn't look like much, but to me ... it represents the ending point of a 3 week process of working on my studio to put it into a condition that works better for myself and my customers.

It started out like most projects. The flooring was coming up when I tried to sweep so I thought it was time to replace it. I planned on a simple tile floor. A friend, very lovingly, called and told me about a great deal on some porcelain tile. Great! I said. It should take a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to complete. Well, as most projects go, that turned into:

New glass bins
Rearranging all the glass in those bins
Disassembling and removing old bins
Finding a place for all the stuff while working on the projects
Moving my desk, file cabinets, book shelves and computer into any corner I could find
Removing the old flooring
Removing the old sink
Installing the new flooring
Grouting the flooring
Trying to get the studio ready for a visit by a church committee I'm working with while not damaging the work in progress
etc., etc., etc.

It's really hard for me to be productive in those conditions. In the process, we decided to make a really cool mosaic in front of the room that houses my husbands electrical contracting room. Thus, the picture above. I am using some of the same glass from that mosaic flooring to create a glass edge on my desk. I know it doesn't look like much here, but wait to see ... THE REST OF THE PHOTOS. I'll post them as we move along.

I didn't take "before photos" because I couldn't find where I put my camera. Now that I found it, I can show you the progress and hopefully inspire you to do something similar in your own home or office.

Enjoy the day. We are supposed to get 4-5" of snow here!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment