2/11/09

Kids Can Be So Inspiring

This is kind of quirky I know, but... one day I was driving down the road. It was quiet in the car because I was by myself. It was night time and there were clear skies.

When I looked in my rear view mirror I just had to laugh out loud. On my back window were a set of hand prints, which indicated that one of my three boys was laying on top of my car with their hands on the back of my rear window. Their prints showed up clearly because a car behind me had his bright lights on. I immediately came home and tried to photograph the prints. I couldn't get it to come out right so I stayed outside in my car, in the dark, with my drawing pad and pencils, lit by a flash light to get this image down.

You just never know what is going to give you the insipiration for your next piece of art. I haven't actually made this in glass yet, but that is my goal. I never did find out whose hands were behind the prints.

Look around. There is inspiration everywhere you look!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment