2/11/09

What Makes Me Look Good

Ever have those days where you take a look at yourself and you're not the person you want to be? I don't mean what you see physically in the mirror, I mean how you see yourself as a person.
I was dealing with this today when I googled, "What Makes Me Look Good", and I should have known it was all about physical beauty. Because I was thinking in another direction, what I expected to find was a few articles about inner beauty. I'm sure there out there if I google the right thing, but I didn't find it in my search.

Realizing that what people see in me, that they are attracted to - at least on good days - is the way I interact with them. When I am really caring, and concerned about them and what they have to say or feel that day, I am the kind of person they want to be around. If I allow their negative emotions to flow through me and come back out in a negative way, obviously that is not the kind of person most people want to be around.
At any rate, as simple as that sounds, sometimes it is hard to remember. The photo here is one I was drawing when I was trying to draw a self portrait (sorry - can't find the original drawing right now). Obviously, it looks nothing like me, but it does reflect how I was feeling that day. The second photo was my first stab at that drawing in glass. This was done before I got my larger kiln. I am anxious to try it again. Because I was using glass stringer (spaghetti like strings of glass), I really needed a large kiln surface to recreate what I was feeling in the glass. Anyway, it was fun trying. My goal today is to be the kind of person other people want to be around. If I can create that feeling in glass and make people feel good when they see it, that is a bonus.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,

Pat




1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat,

    I'm new to the blog work and stumbled upon your blog. You're work is beautiful and inspiring. What an interesting approach to creating a piece of art!

    I'll check back in soon to see what you are up to.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete