8/13/09

MTA Window Update & The Artistic Dilemma

The window I am designing for the Mass Transportation Authority at the Flint Bus Depot is moving forward. I met with the committee today and proposed my design. The painted samples here are similar to what I expect to use in portions of the window I am creating for the Arab American Civil Rights topic.

I believe the committee liked my design but did not feel the need for the added expense required to give it the detail I felt it needed. But... time will tell. I haven't officially heard their decision yet.

Now the artistic dilemma... do I stick to the budget or plunge forward with what will make it an awesome piece of art? My business sense tells me to stick to the budget, my artistic heart tells me to do what I think will best represent the topic and my abilities.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment