8/7/09

Theatre, Mosaics, and Weeping Willows

I was asked by a local theatre to come up with an idea for their donor wall. What you see here was actually a sample board for a mosaic idea on another project... that I didn't get. (But I did get 5 stained glass windows on that job.) This sample board would have been used in a bathroom and resembled a section of splashing water.

At any rate, my idea is to make a weeping willow tree. The hanging leaves will actually be pieces of glass - some fused and some not (like the glass sample shown). The fused pieces will add a lot of dimension to the piece.

The trunk of the tree will have the feel of a dancing figure swaying in the wind like a weeping willow. Names of the donors will be engraved on the leaves.

Don't know all of the details yet but we will be moving in this direction. I love it when my customers give me the ability to use my artistic expression and not be tied into a preconceived idea of what they think it should be. History has shown they are usually much happier with the results.

I'll keep you posted.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment