1/30/10

Day 11: Personal Power Day 1

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 11

Day 10 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $1.975587

Day 11 Growth Idea: Personal Power Day 1 (Anthony Robbins). Ok, yesterday I found my book. Today I put it to use. This seems like a good Saturday thing for me to do for my business. I've been through the course more than once. My original version is on cassette tapes (yes, I said cassette tapes) so, I'll just follow the book. "Never leave the site of setting a goal or making a decision without taking some action towards its attainment." This is what the blog has been doing for me. Forcing me into action on things I have been putting off!

My History: So, I'm trying to work in a stained glass studio while pregnant, with a one year old at my side, and no business experience really. What was I thinking? I was thinking, I wanted to be able to stay home with my family and fulfill my own needs as well. My passion for art was continuing to grow. I knew the first years would be rough and that I would be learning along the way. I began to give beginning classes because people were requesting them. And those were my humble beginnings.

My Business: As a result of my class, I may have the opportunity to help out a non-profit out of the country to set up a glass workshop/studio. This is verrrry preliminary but a wonderful thing to think about. When I was able to work with the boys at Boysville, it was a great experience for me and I know it was very good for them also. We were able to collectively create a window that will be donated back to the school when it is done and it opened thier eyes to something they may not have considered doing in the past. I look forward to whatever I can do to help out if it gets to that point.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment