1/31/10

Day 12: Spiritual Man Rising

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 12

Day 11 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $1.975587

Day 12 Growth Idea: Reflections on what is important. The photo shown today is one of my favorite pieces of art. I bought it from the LCVA show and I am drawing a blank on the artists name. But, I love his work. Along with this artwork came a card with the following words. The art is called, "Spiritual Man Rising".

Spinoza once said, "In Every Man There Is A God-shaped void." Plato taught that what one man observes here on earth is but a reflection of a greater reality in some other realm. Both of these philosophers have in them the seeds of a deep spiritual truth. The Scriptures reveal that until the "spiritual" man comes alive within us, we are yet incomplete to live only for the flesh is death, but to come alive in the spirit leads to eternal life, for God is Spirit. This relief shows an awkward "man of flesh", but out of him is rising the new spiritual man, the true man which completes the image of God within us and leads to fellowship with the eternal Father.

This piece has a lot of meaning for me. I have family and friends whom I feel may be misunderstood. Their outer beings do not necessarily reflect the wonderful people they are inside. I think this is true for most of us.

My History: When I first opened my studio, getting set up with suppliers was not that easy. I either needed to order a large amount of glass or show proof of my having worked with other suppliers in the past. Choosing a business name was important. And, it has been a while so I don't even remember exactly why I chose the name, Pictures In Glass. There was a lot to do and it was difficult but exciting for me.

Today's Business: Getting ready for the week. Tomorrow I have to head back out to Ann Arbor. The delivery planned for Friday didn't work out. I'm getting several things ready for sandblasting so when my help comes in, there will be work for them to do. And, I'm checking my calendar to be sure nothing falls off the table. Nothing all that exciting, but I am realizing how planning makes my life much easier.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment