2/1/10

Day 13: Artistic Discussions

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 13

Day 12 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $1.975587

Day 13 Growth Idea: Artistic Discussions I find that the more I talk with other artists, the more artistic energy I receive. Today, while visiting family in the hospital, I was able to talk to my cousins wife. She is a graphic artist and mother of young children by day, and an artist/entrepreneur by night (and free time). We discussed her Etsy business (photo above is a sample from her Etsy site), my current projects, and the Etsy site she started for her husband (my cousin), who makes horseshoe art. I came back to my studio refreshed and ready to go! Both of their links are shown below.

My History: Some suppliers make quantity discounts available to anybody, which made it easier for me to get credit references. However, my ultimate goal was to get an account at Ed Hoys in Chicago, and Adventure Art Glass in Michigan. These are two companies I still work closely with today.

Today's Business: I have a couple of crushed glass pieces that needed to be framed in bevels. Those were prepared so Brandi could work on them when she arrived today. She is my employee who went to school at the Vocational Technical school in Lenawee County. She was studying graphic arts at Vo-Tech and plans to continue that in college. While she solders, I am repairing a leaded glass window for Siena Hts. University who had the unfortunate luck to have a baseball fly through it. I fixed it once already about 4 years ago. I am also freeing my studio of items I don't need so I can set up my glass easels and start laying out the glass for my Women's Rights window.

Pat Deere

LINKS:
Heather Jane Designs: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/HeatherJaneDesign?v=app_169505045786&ref=mf
Altered Iron: http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterediron

1 comment:

  1. Patty you are so right! We can harvest inspiration and motivation from people around us that share a common passion. Thanks for sharing our shop links!

    Brian and Heather

    ReplyDelete