2/25/10

Day 37: Be Early!


365 Days of my Life As A Studio Artist: Day 37

Day 36 Donation: (Time to collect.)
Donation Running Total: $29,59957

Today's Growth Idea: Be Early! This is not something I am really good at. I am pretty much set up for my show although I have some polishing to do on my glass. Today I will try to be early so I can be totally ready and not feel rushed!

My History: Guess I was pretty tired the last time I added to this section... I never finished my sentence. Sometimes the dynamics of a job can be kind of funny. The lamps for the seasons were a wonderful project for me but I can remember anywhere from 2-5 people coming to my studio to give me direction. Finally, I had to ask "Who is paying the bill?". The answer to that questions helped me know whose ideas I needed to listen to most. Sometimes if there are too many people involved I have found it important to know who the decision maker is or there can be problems in the end.

Today's Business: We are putting the final touches on our Newsletter, Show Flyer, price sheets for the show, etc. I am trying to finish a couple of more lamps, come up with a better project for me to demonstrate with (my lion was too big for the space), and possibly a couple of garden trellis's if I get that far. Then, off to Rock Financial Showplace for their opening at 2pm. Hope to see you there! I was told they featured my crushed glass piece on their promotional interview on the news yesterday! I couldn't see it because we only get Toledo stations here.

Today's Photo: This is my 4' aspen coffee table with a beveled glass insert incorporating agate and stones.

NOTE: Somehow my letters are looking really big. Is it looking that way to you?

Pat Deere

LINKS: Cottage & Lakefront Show Floor Plan, I am booths 1320 & 1322

No comments:

Post a Comment