2/19/10

Day 31: Keep on going - but don't get sick.

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 31

Day 30 Donations:

Donations Running Total: 29.59957

Today's Growth Idea: Keep on going but don't get sick. When I am getting ready for shows it is easy for me to get up early, work all day, work late at night, and get sick because I forget to eat well, drink water, and take care of myself. Today, I will call my homeopath and be sure I have some supplements to help fill the gap of my current routine.

My History: So here I am with three boys in tow, setting up a new studio, and trying to get business going. I had a real problem with my new place... getting a sign up was becoming a real issue. I don't know where the problem stemmed from but signage in Adrian could be somewhat problematic at that time. Now I have a nice new studio, plenty of space, lots of windows and no sign. Hmmmm.

Today's Business: I will be finishing the log table that the crushed glass piece shown here will be made from. Yesterday I finished my 4' table and the lamp that compliments it. Today, I plan to make more lamps, finish putting wood frames around several pieces I have had in my studio, finish my garden trellis' that have been selling very well, and hopefully finish my kitchen and bathroom displays. I do have help today but one of my helpers is on her way to Florida as we speak... so I am going to head down to the studio now!

Today's Photo: Colorado II is what I call this piece. This is the fired glass prior to being incorporated into a beveled glass border.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment