2/16/10

Day 28: Planning ahead for my meeting with SCORE

365 Days of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 28

Day 27 Donations: $ .739719

Donations Running Total: $29.59957

Today's Growth Idea: Getting ready for S.C.O.R.E. One thing I have not been very good at is planning ahead financial for my business. THAT is going to change. I have an appointment with a SCORE counselor once he gets back from vacation. I am trying to get all of my financial stuff ready so I can learn to make projections, track the past, etc. Counselors from SCORE are volunteers who have worked in the business environment. They help people like myself with business plans, projecting, etc. Not as fun as working on glass but a necessary part of business.

My History: The advantages to this location were it's size and focus on the building industry. It was new, large hallways, entrance from the front and back, parking on the street and back lot, windows in the front for display. I decided to rent a space in the Home Design Gallery in Adrian for $800/month.

Today's Business: Meeting with Great Ideas this morning to check on walls they have for me to borrow for my upcoming show. While there, will discuss with my contractor how to properly quote a church renovation project. Then, back to the studio where we'll be working on table tops and lamps for the show. Moving along but the show is next week and no matter how much I prepare, I always feel like there is more I should have done. I am learning, however, that there is only so much time in a day and I can't do it all. Doesn't mean I still don't try. Today's photo is similar to those I may bring the the Novi show next week-end. This one is slumped Spectrum iridized glass.

Pat Deere

LINKS:
SCORE Michigan
Slumped Glass Bowls

No comments:

Post a Comment