2/8/10

Day 20: "I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but fewer imaginary ones."

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 20

Day 19 Donations: $19.72584

Donations Running Total: $26.37563

Day 20 Growth Idea:
"I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but fewer imaginary ones." This is a quote from one of my favorite poems, If I had my life to live over, I would pick more daisies., by Nadine Stair. For me, this tells me to focus on the problems of the day and not worry about what might be. By planning ahead, it takes the worry out.

My History: I think what I learned during this period of my business was how to effectively give classes. I started coming up with outlines that I would improve upon over the years. Having an outline for the students also helped me prepare for the class before they came. I learned to listen to them. I learned that the energy I got from them was equal to the knowledge I was able to give to them. In my opinion, we all benefited, from classes and still do today. The photo today is one taken when I took a week long glass painting workshop in Bennington Vermont with Peter McGrain. It was an awesome week!

Today's Business: Time to really focus. I miss my morning routine of prayer and meditation. So that is first on my list. My show is only a couple of weeks away. I need to make a drawing of how my booth will look and start setting things up. I am feeling pretty good about it but still need to make about 8 lamp shades and two table inserts. I have several projects on the table that need to be finished... just the framing is left, before I can start anything new. And I'll get Dana started on my log web site. I'm realizing too many items are not showing up yet.

Pat Deere

LINKS: Poem by Nadine Stair
The Log Furniture Division Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment