2/11/10

Bead Making Day: Toledo Museum of Art

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 25

Day 24 Donations: $ .

Donations Running Total: $26.6633

Day 25 Growth Idea: Free Bead Making Class!!!!! The Toledo Museum of Art, Glass Pavilion is one of my favorite places. They have glass blowing demonstrations you can watch on a regular basis. For Mardi Gras, they are looking for 10,000 glass beads to make a glass bead curtain. At any rate, my donation money for now is going to be used to offer a free stained glass class where the students can try their hand at the torch. The cost of the gas and glass will be covered and the beads will be donated to the Glass Pavilion for their cause. I would love to see you. Although the class will be free, I will need your advanced registration. While at the free class, I will be offering a 25% discount on bead making kits ordered that night, as well as $20 off a purchase of private lessons!

My History: One of the classes I took while in Las Vegas was an installation class. Sounds boring, but there are as many installation options as there are stained glass windows. Knowing how to properly install, reinforce, sometimes thermopane glass is important in order to get the longest life out of each stained glass panel.

Today's Business: I am heading to Melvindale for a son's hockey tournament. While there, I am bringing a couple of lamps I repaired for one customer, and the window photographed here for a customer in the Dearborn area. I met these customers through my web site. when Herb called, he was excited to have a window created to compliment 3 other antique windows he and his wife purchased elsewhere. I will also be working on my web site. One game is at 10:45 the other at 7:55. So, there is a lot of time in between. I finally purchased a new laptop that I can actually use with the battery for times like this. Yeah!

Pat Deere

LINKS:
Bead Making Classes, Private Lesson Information
Toledo Museum of Art, The Bead Goes On Project

No comments:

Post a Comment