4/11/10

Buffalo, Babies, the Bay and McDonald's Mocha...


365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day ?

Day 7? Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $

Today's Growth Idea:   Getting inspiration from noticing the everyday things around me.  Today I was driving home from a wonderful long week-end in Charelvoix, MI (thus the reason for my lack of updates to this blog).  My niece got married at Castle Farms... a beautiful building on beautiful grounds in a beautiful city. 

People often ask where I get my inspiration for my artwork.  Honestly, it comes from noticing the little things that other people might otherwise ignore.  Watching my cousins children interact was inspiring.  Looking at all of the familiar things on my drive home from Traverse City - like the buffalo farm, the cherry tree farms, and my gradma's street.  Taking the time to rollerblade along Grand Traverse Bay and stopping by to notice things like this wonderful view of the rocks through the water.  Driving slow enough to be aware of my surroundings and breath it all in. These things inspire me.  Drinking a mocha along the way.

Then, when I get back to working in my studio... the work becomes much easier.  Ideas come more freely.  And it is more like fun than like work.  Now it is time to plan for my trip to France.  This is a trip I have been waiting for, for a very long time.  Just thinking about all that I will see is almost overwhelming.   My son will be studying near Lourdes... a definite stop on my list of things to do.  Being able to see him while there is a bonus! 

More about that later.

Pat Deere

LINKS: 
Castle Farms, Charlevoix, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment