4/15/10

Day 85: Always time for coffee... my personal adrenaline.

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 85

Day 84 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $160.94

Today's Growth Idea: Put on a pot of coffee.  I am so sluggish and need a little boost.  Coffee will do that for me.

My History:  Going to the sign committee was interesting.  There was some discussion about it being a traffic hazard (?), not being readable from the road (?), and from what I remember it wasn't well received because it wouldn't be a good reflection of what I do.  In my own mind I remember thinking, what better reflection of what I do than creating a sign made from glass.  Needless to say, I did get my approval and the job of cutting many square feet of glass began.  For the 1/2" squares, I would cut a square foot of glass at a time scoring over score lines horizonatally and vertically then breaking all of the pieces with running pliers.

Today's Photo:  My personal adrenaline.  At dinner this week-end, watching the cream mix into the coffee became the topic of our table.  Even my cousins 4 year old daughter was intrigued by the designs it made.  When I get sluggish and can't figure out what to do first in the middle of a busy day... coffee and music always help.

Today's Business:  Getting some inexpensive items ready for a show I have coming up.  This is kind of hard for me... but I am doing my best.  Because this isn't a fine art show, I know I have to sell items in a more affordable price range.  We came up with some night light, jewlery holders that I will highlight some time next week.  I am also getting another section of my Women's Rights window ready for soldering, and finishing a stained glass window that I am retrofitting for a customer in Dearborn.  But, before I do any of that, I need to respond to a customer who called yesterday about a set of 4 church windows.  Definitely need the coffee because we are leaving early tomorrow to visit with my son in Sault Ste. Marie, and watching my youngest sons first hockey game of this season tonight.  Not much time.  Maybe I need a pot not just a cup of coffee.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment