4/6/10

Creating, packaging, marketing! Day 76

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 76

Day 75 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $160.94

Today's Growth Idea:  Today the plan is to come up with a creative way to package and market my wine glass.  I have been making these for a while, perfecting my techniques, my adhesives, and my ideas.  Brandi is my employee who was a previous Vo-Tech student in graphic arts.  She is now attending college and I have given her the task of coming up with a way to package and market these glasses.  Their intent was to have a variety of colors and sizes so people could purchase them, use them for parties, and their guests would know what glass was theirs... not have to figure it out by what color the lipstick on the rim is.    She is coming up with some good ideas.  I'll keep you posted. 

My History:   Going back a bit... I got sidetracked.  I found the building of my dreams, the price was right, and the owner was a wonderful person to work with.  I wanted to keep my costs down, have a storefront, have a front and back entrance to my studio, and have a place for a large sign.  So, this was it.  I contacted the realtor and put in an offer.  Because I wanted to deal with the terms of the land contract, I offered him a little more than the asking price.  He accepted and we were both thrilled.

Today's Business:  I am working on creating a wedding box for a customer out of her childs wedding invitation, another customer is coming in for a private lesson with her daughter, while they are here I will be finishing the work on a custom designed lamp shade.  And, at some point I have to get my taxes to my accountant.

Today's Photo:  Wine glass with lamp worked flowers in a variety of colors and styles.

Featured Glass:  These wine glasses can be found at future shows, in my studio, and on my web site for sale.  Because they are in the "trial stage", they are very inexpensive right now.  Check them out!

Pat Deere


LINKS:   Pictures In Glass, wine glasses for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment