4/13/10

Day 83: Finishing my taxes so my brain can concentrate on other things!

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 83

Day 82 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $160.94

Today's Growth Idea:  Finishing my taxes so my brain can concentrate on other things!

My History: Once I closed on this new building on Maumee Street in Adrian, I immediately began working on my sign ... it was such an issue with my old building.  The sign committee had a history of being a little difficult to get your ideas accepted by, so I chose to use the existing sign board and create my design over the top of that.  The only thing I would need to convince them of would be my design idea.  You can partially see the sign from my building in today's photo.  It was a 16' long sign created in glass mosaic in 4 - 4' sections.  Since I love carousels, that was the central design.  My studio name was at the top and STAINED GLASS STUDIO in large letters was at the bottom.

Today's Business: Inventory.  This is one of the most time consuming things I do.  It took us a day and a half to inventory the new glass I brought back from Chicago during my suppliers annual glass sale.  Because so much of it was sale glass, it did not necessarily have codes on it so we had to figure it out as we went along.  Once the inventory was done and the glass put away, we cleaned the studio so we will be ready to work tomorrow.

Today's Photo:  This picture shows the "working area" of my studio... never enough space.  After my Adrian studio burned and I moved to my "temporary" studio next to my home, I had to learn to work with a lot less space.  Along the walls I have grinders, a work bench, a welder, a torch, a sandblaster, air compressor, kilns, and shelving for works in progress.  In this photo, on the right are my glass easels and my work tables move around from place to place as I need the room.  You can see the glass for my Women's Rights window is taking up temporary housing on the floor.  Once soldered, it will be placed on the glass easels so I can see it finished with light behind it.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment