4/25/10

Day 95: Getting out the brushes and paints.



















Day 95:  Getting out the brushes and paints.

Day 94 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $160.94

Today’s Growth Idea: Work on class idea for use while visiting France and Italy.

My History:   So I am coming to work in the morning, climbing a 20' ladder to paint the walls (and I hate heights), pulling up carpet and exposing the wood floors in the area that will house my work tables, kilns, etc.  I think we pulled up 5 or so layers of tile and carpet to get to the wood.  In the front section of the studio I planned for glass bins and display areas.  The space was perfect for what I needed to do.  The sign at this point is just on the drawing board.

Today's Business:  It was fun to get out the paints and begin working on ideas for the classes I would like to give while overseas.  Our plans have changed a little and I will fly into London, go through France, and fly out of Florence, Italy.  While visiting the museum exhibit with Kristina Deere yesterday, we had the opportunity to brainstorm about different ideas.  The focus for now is coming up with a viable plan that can be used for one day workshops.  I love the idea of working with a steel frame and incorporating crushed glass pieces - similar to those I have shown in the past.  The idea behind this is, the steel frame can be welded and treated, sent to the college along with the glass ahead of time, then when I arrive I can simply create the fused glass with the students and slide them into the framework previously created.  The painting here is simply the beginning.  But, I like the idea and it is giving me something take to the computer and perfect.

It feels good to be back on a roll.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment