4/1/10

My serentiy comes from...

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day ?

Day ? Donations: $

Donations Running Total: ?

Today's Growth Idea: Getting back to my routine:  My days are most serene when I wake up with prayer and meditation and go to bed with a heart full of gratitude.

My History:  Wow!  My last post was about a past employee named Flo.  Today, I find myself without an office assistant... again.  She had an opportunity for another job she couldn't pass up.  It threw me for a loop for a little while but we are working through it and will be better for it.  The good things... we have come up with an office procedures manual that is proving invaluable... it's a work in progress.  Now, back to refiguring what I should do myself and what we should pay to have done.  A for sure is:  I need to have a competent person paying bills, payroll and taxes.  This is not my line of work and costs me if I try to do it myself.  We've got that covered. 

Today's Business:  Along with answering phones, sorting mail, answering emails, creating designs and quotes... I will be back working on my Flint Women's window.  More photos of it to come.  The picture here shows my sketch for the painted part of the window that will have representations of the women's organizations that were instrumental in moving women's rights forward.  I also need to go back and find out what day I am supposed to be on in this "365 Days" blog.  I get a little side tracked when I don't have internet for a while.  During my last show in Pontiac, I had no internet... which meant I couldn't start out with my normal routine... including prayer and meditation... including updatding my blog... etc... etc... etc...  Doesn't take much to get me off track sometimes.  But today, I am starting back again!

Today's Photo:  Pat Deere sketching a design to be painted on glass and incorporated into a stained glass window.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment